Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Story of Adie

Moving from one place to another is really a tough decision to make. You need to give up so many things-- like your family, friends, work and even the food you customarily eat!!!
It's almost your whole life! One of those includes my dear, dear... bicycle (which I totally miss!). 
Back in Manila, I totally enjoyed riding my bike around the metro.
I missed it more when we moved here in Adelaide as I observed it to be a more biker-friendly city. 
There are broad and flat roads, the major streets have bicycle lanes, and even bike pumps to keep your tires in tip-top shape. You can even rent/hire (as they call it here) a free bike everyday,
and it's open for everyone! Perfect for a city tour! Getting away from traffic has never been this convenient in my experience. You can enjoy the view, the scent of fresh air and there's a whole lot of coffee shops to try! Ahhhh! (can I pass as your tour guide?) Haha! 

So when 'the husband' decided to give me a gift as I start to feel the homesickness being away for too long, he bought me a bike—a vintage lady bicycle from Reid cycles! I’m sooooo HAPPYYYYYY and excited that I don’t want to leave the house anymore just to wait for it to be delivered!!!
I actually got it last February 18 #sentimentalpurposes HAHA and my husband immediately assembled it for me while I was having my grocery shopping. He knew how excited I was that day but I really needed to load up our fridge or else we’ll not eat! I even got sad that it arrived only few minutes after I left, when I waited almost the entire day for it to came! It was that bad! Haha!

We immediately went to the beach to try it and take pictures of it. For #sentimentalpurposes (again)!
 I saw how happy he was too, as he saw my ear-to-ear smiles while riding my new bicycle! 


I named it “Adie” short for Adelaide. <3 #sentimentalpurposes 3.0! 
so chic and vintage---very Instagram worthy too!


Tip: Better to call their customer service to make sure you have the right size of the bike or visit their nearest shop. Mine is huge in person! I got the large size, cos my height is in between the medium and large frame which is 5’5.  I actually called them to check if what size do a 5’5 woman usually purchase and the representative told me as long as you can touch the ground with one foot it's good but we can also visit their nearest shop to have it checked or even exchange it with a smaller size if we need to do so. I preferred this size, I can sit straight and my legs are comfortable. BUT! if you aren't that used to riding a bike, I suggest you get the smaller size even you are between that size too.


I bought this basket separately, cos this is excluded as you purchase the bike.
Great for picnics or any quick shopping! 

Now, I can go around the city without worrying too much about the rush hour that means a higher fare. We can actually use it for our dates as well. Just like this, nothing fancy and much more healthy, we can save time and money by bringing our own food in the park or beach and just enjoy every moment.


Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a riding a bike.


Ride safely!


Love,
Jamila

No comments:

Post a Comment